Innovations in Healthy Eating for Child Care Settings
Date: November 16th, 2017
Child Care Centres are undergoing changes to ensure that Ontario’s children and families have access to high-quality early years and child care experiences. The Menu Planning & Supportive Nutrition Environments in Child Care Settings: Practical Guide, written by registered dietitians from the Ontario Society of Nutrition Professionals in Public Health (OSNPPH), supports the nutrition requirements set out by the Ministry of Education in the Child Care and Early Years Act, 2014, Ontario Regulation 137/15, as a part of Ontario’s Renewed Early Years and Child Care Policy Framework.
This comprehensive practical guide is a collaborative project by dietitians from many jurisdictions across Ontario with consultation from childcare providers.
In this webinar you will:
- Hear about the collaborative process taken to develop the practical guide,
- Discover the content in the Practical Guide,
- Hear stories of implementation from Peel Public Health,
- Receive updates about implementation and dissemination of the guide across of the province, and
- Participate in a brainstorming conversation about overcoming barriers to implementation.
Mélissa Cardinal is a Public Health Dietitian at Eastern Ontario Health Unit. For the past two years, she co-chaired the Child Care Working Group of the Ontario Society of Nutrition Professionals in Public Health (OSNPPH).
OSNPPH is the official voice of public health nutrition professionals in Ontario and represents registered dietitians working in the 36 public health units across the province.