Motivational Interviewing Certificate
Date: March 21 - May 7, 2022
Dates and format
Starts week of March 21 to May 7, 2022
Work through weekly modules on your own time. Meet with trainer and other group members on 6 Saturdays (via Zoom) from 11 am to 1 pm for a group discussion and to practice skills. Personal follow-up call from trainer 3 months after course completion.
Dates for group calls
Saturday March 26, April 2, 9, 23, 30, and May 7 from 11 am – 1pm ET. All coaching calls will be recorded and uploaded into the course shell so participants can revisit the coaching sessions, ask questions, and engage in a virtual discussion with their peers.
*Although recommended, it is not mandatory to attend the LIVE coaching calls.
What will I learn
Motivational Interviewing is a clinical conversation skill for practitioners to help draw out and strengthen a client’s own motivation and commitment to change. This effective tool is particularly useful for those who have the opportunity to engage with patients or clients who are facing complex situations, ambivalence, or multiple concerns.
The course is a combination of presentations, coaching calls, role play, brain storming, videos, practice sessions & self-reflection activities designed to support participants get comfortable in applying the principles & spirit of motivational interviewing.
- Empower clients to change their negative behaviours that keep them from meeting their physical and mental health goals.
- Learn the clinical skill that psychologists, social workers and therapists use to motivate their patients to share important and authentic information and be fully engaged in the client-clinician relationship.
- Redesign your interaction style with patients with this evidence-based treatment method that has been evaluated in more than a thousand controlled clinical trials.
Motivational Interviewing is not:
- not a way to trick people into doing what they don’t want to do
- not based on the stages of change model
- not a form of Cognitive Behavioural Therapy
- not just client centered, it is very intentional
Extra early bird: $309 (Deadline: February 4, 2022)
Early bird: $329 (Deadline: March 4, 2022)
Connected Insider: $299
Last chance at this price!