NRC 2018 Forum: Unpacking Food Literacy: Innovation. Collaboration. Evidence. Action
Date: Nov 15, 2018 @ 08:30AM - 04:30PM
Location: Chestnut Conference Centre, Toronto
Increasing food literacy is an important health promotion strategy to enable healthy eating and may help reduce the burden of obesity and chronic disease. Growing concerns about unhealthy eating habits, including consuming too many processed food and beverages and the lack of food literacy in children, youth and adults has inspired the theme for our annual forum this year to focus on “Unpacking Food Literacy”.
At this event, you will learn:
- how food literacy is defined and its components
- the current state of food literacy and what programming is happening in Ontario and beyond
- the latest research and strategies to impact and evaluate behaviour change through food literacy programs, policies and interventions
Join us as we bring together health professionals, service providers, educators, students, researchers, government decision makers and other food literacy champions to showcase innovative programs and initiatives, and to share the latest research, resources and tools to ultimately help consumers make healthier food choices.
Early Bird Rates (extended to September 14th, 2018!)
General – $259
OPHA Member – $249
OPHA Membership + Forum Registration – $339
Full-time Student – $149
GROUP Rate: Please contact us when purchasing 4 or more tickets at email@example.com.
Regular Rates (as of September 15th)
General – $289
OPHA Member – $269
OPHA Membership + Forum Registration – $369
Full-time Student – $169
GROUP Rate – Please contact us when purchasing 4 or more tickets at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Refund Policy: A refund less a 15% administration fee will be offered until September 30, 2018. After this date, tickets may only be transferred but will not be refunded. To request a refund, please email email@example.com.
Thank you to our sponsors and our partners!
WOULD YOU LIKE TO BE A SPONSOR??
Chestnut Conference Centre
89 Chestnut St
Toronto, Ontario M5G 1R, Canada
- Double Tree by Hilton – 105 Chestnut Street
- Marriott Downtown at CF Toronto Eaton Centre – 525 Bay Street
- Pantages Hotel Toronto – 200 Victoria Street
- Sheraton Centre – 123 Queen Street West
- Chelsea Hotel – 33 Gerrard Street West
HAVE A QUESTION? CONTACT US!