NC 2019 Forum: Healthy and Sustainable Eating: Leading the Shift
Date: Nov 14, 2019 @ 08:30AM - 04:00PM
Location: Chestnut Conference Centre, Toronto
This year’s forum will explore the shifts that will be required in eating habits and food choices in order to benefit the health of current and future generations as well as the health of our planet.
The forum will explore what sustainable eating is from a food literacy perspective in order to help health professionals, educators, service providers, and other stakeholders understand how to clearly convey evidence-based messaging and accessible strategies around sustainable eating to their audiences.
We will also be exploring the needed shifts on a broader systems level to better empower individuals to follow a healthy and sustainable eating pattern in their communities.
- Bring together players in the area of sustainable eating to facilitate networking, collaboration and information sharing
- Share the latest research on sustainable eating
- Explore the implications of research for practice
- Showcase innovative programs and initiatives related to sustainable eating
- Share resources and tools to promote sustainable eating in various areas of practice
- Facilitate youth engagement as ambassadors for sustainable choices