OPHA Fall Forum 2019: Health & Climate Change
Location: Chestnut Conference Centre, Toronto
Health and Climate Change
Inspiring collective action for a healthier future: A public health challenge and opportunity
What’s at stake for individual and community health in the face of a changing climate? How can we work collaboratively across sectors to protect human health? Join us at the OPHA 2019 Fall Forum to learn about the latest evidence and hear from a range of experts bringing attention to this critical public health issue. Together we aim to foster multi-sectoral collaboration and leadership in the area of health and climate change, increase the profile of climate change as a public health issue and inform practice for climate response through community and public health interventions.
Overarching Forum Objectives:
(1) Foster multi-sectoral collaboration and leadership in the area of health and climate change. (2) Increase the profile of climate change as a critical public health issue; and (3) Build a systems approach to protect human health from the impacts of a changing climate.
- Hear about the latest research and evidence around health and climate change – measuring and modelling impacts, tracking indicators, surveillance methods, data sources, etc.
- Benefit from a variety of perspectives; from researchers to frontline practitioners, public health and healthcare, municipalities and community groups, voices of populations who are vulnerable to the effects of climate change, and perspectives from those who are already experiencing climate impacts and taking action.
- Connect with others and explore opportunities for collaboration with diverse partners who are interested in this area.
- Delve into recent trends, emerging issues, and policies that impact work related to climate change and health