Powering Off: Re-thinking Screen Time & Sedentary Behaviour Through Public Health
Date: May 7, 2019 @ 12:00PM - 01:00PM
This webinar will focus on opportunities for public health professionals to learn new skills in limiting screen usage while promoting interventions to decrease sedentary behaviours.
Through this webinar health professionals will learn about province-wide interventions that have been applied in homes, communities and schools, address the Canadian 24-Hour Movement guidelines, appreciate the merits of the Ontario Society of Physical Activity Promoters in Public Health, and learn practical tips in promoting active participation from adult role modeling to address sedentary behaviours.
In this session we’ll explore:
- The Canadian 24-Hour Movement Guidelines for children ages 0-4 and 5-17
- Health concerns associated with increased exposure to screen time
- Province-wide interventions through the Healthy Kids Community Challenge (HKCC) Theme 4 Power Off and Play! campaign
- The merits of the Ontario Society of Physical Activity Promoters in Public Health
- How conducting adult role modeling is effective in promoting active participation and decreased sedentary behaviours across the life span
- How to engage adults as active participants in healthy active living
- The attributes of nutritional literacy in promoting healthy lifestyles