Our team of registered dietitians and public health professionals have expertise in a wide range of topics related to food, nutrition, health promotion and public health practice, including:
- Chronic disease prevention
- The food environment
- Food literacy
- Food and nutrition policy
- Food systems
- Nutrition through the lifespan
- Food security
- Food, nutrition, and menu labelling
- And much more
By working with us, you can take advantage of our in-depth knowledge of evidence-based interventions and best practices, while gaining access to our wide network of stakeholders.
Here’s a look at what we can offer you
Capacity Building & Training
Menu, Resource & Program Consultations
Are you developing nutrition-related resources or programs for your clients or customers? We can help make sure that your resources reflect the most up-to-date evidence and best practices.
Some examples of consultations we’ve provided in the past include:
- Assessment of food premise menus, signage, advertisements and promotional flyers to ensure accordance with the Healthy Menu Choices Act.
- Direct consultation support to local project managers from the Healthy Kids Community Challenge, a community-led children’s health initiative which ran from 2015 – 2018 across Ontario.
- Review of nutrition content in maternal, newborn, and early childhood resources for the Best Start Resource Centre.
Knowledge Transfer & Exchange
We work with you to disseminate your research and bridge the gap between knowledge and practice. Our team can help translate your research into a wide range of accessible, consumer-focused formats, including:
- Resources and toolkits
- Policy briefs
- Fact sheets
- And more
Visit our Knowledge Sharing page to learn more.
Communications & Promotions
Nutrition Connections can support your communication efforts by promoting your events, workshops, job postings, or resources of interest to health intermediaries. Keep in mind our network includes over 6,000 health professionals across Ontario and beyond.
We can also provide data analysis on the reach and impact of the communications we facilitate.
We can work with you to bring together a strong and diverse network of stakeholders, potentially including voices from research/academia, primary care, community, non-profit, public health, and others.
Nutrition Connections offers a variety of services to facilitate stakeholder discussion and engagement, including webinars, facilitated learning sessions, focus groups, and meetings. All services are offered via a remote platform with web and telephone options.
We can work with you to conduct applied research through environmental scans, surveys, focus groups, key informant interviews and other primary research, as well as conducting secondary research syntheses.